If you sign up for the DCED newsletter, you will be asked for personal information including your name and e-mail address. All information provided is used for technical and administrative purposes only and is not shared with third parties.
Non-personally identifiable information
We have contracted a third-party vendor to track and analyse non-personally identifiable information about the usage of DCED websites. This is done to better understand visitor preferences and improve our websites and services. All data collected are owned and used by the DCED. Only summaries of visitor’s behaviour are produced. Examples of this type of information include statistics of most and least popular pages. The information collected cannot be traced back to a particular individual and is never connected with any personal information you supply us if you register on our website.
We record your IP address and information such as your browser type to learn about the geographical distribution of our website visitors and the technology they use to access our website. Again, this information is never connected with any personal information you supply us if you register on our website.
This statement describes the accessibility features of this website.
- All pages on this site are deemed WCAG A approved, complying with all priority 1 guidelines of the W3CWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines. Many of these guidelines are subjective, so please notify the site owner of any potential non-compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
- All pages have rel=previous, next, up, and home links to aid navigation in text-only browsers. Netscape 6 and Mozilla users can also take advantage of this feature by selecting the View menu, Show/Hide, Site Navigation Bar, Show Only As Needed (or Show Always).
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Complex images include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.