USAID, 2014 – 82 pages
This practical toolkit describes and explains linkages between WEE and GBV. It offers background and practical guidance on how to address GBV in economic growth and trade projects across the programme cycle. The toolkit covers four overarching themes:
- How and why economic growth projects can play a critical role in addressing GBV.
- How GBV can affect and undermine the outcomes of economic growth projects.
- Different contexts to consider when integrating GBV prevention and response into economic growth projects.
- Practical ideas and strategies for integrating GBV prevention and response into economic growth projects.
Main takeaways include:
- Engage the technical support of a specialist in GBV prevention and response.
- Conduct gender analysis and GBV risk assessment to avoid harm.
- Elevate women and girls as leaders and agents of change in programming and policy.
- Engage men as allies in GBV prevention and response in projects intended for women’s economic advancement.