Schedule of meetings
- Tuesday 5th June: Working Group meetings
Business Environment Reform (BEWG): Agenda
Results Measurement (RM): Agenda
Private Sector Engagement (afternoon only) (PSE): Agenda
- Wednesday 6th June: Working Group meetings
Private Sector Engagement (PSE): Agenda
Market Systems Development (MSD): Agenda
The Green Growth (GG) and Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Working Groups did not meet in Toronto.
- Thursday 7th June: Thematic Day on the theme of Youth Employment
For the agenda of the Thematic Day, please click here.
Keynote Address: Youth employment in a changing world – Implications for private sector development, by Brahima Sangafowa Coulibaly, Senior Fellow, Global Economy and Development, Director, Africa Growth Initiative, The Brookings Institution.
See the Minutes for further information on the day; click here for the DCED’s knowledge page on Youth Employment, including summaries of key research
- Friday 8th June: DCED Business Day
For the agenda of the Business Day, please click here. The meeting started with member agencies presenting on priorities and trends in their organisation; some are posted below (some spoke without a presentation). You can find more information about the PSD policies of individual agencies here.
- Australia: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Germany: BMZ
- Canada: Global Affairs Canada
- International Trade Centre
- Netherlands: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Sweden: Sida
- Switzerland: SECO – Impact Bonds Working Group
The meeting continued with a review of progress during the last year, and agreement on the work plan and budget for the FY 2018-19. Minutes are posted here.