Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- CARE USA is currently recruiting for a Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation Advisor. for a five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ethiopia Livelihoods for Resilience Activity. This individual will lead the development of a comprehensive learning agenda to further inform program adaptation and sequencing and cost effectiveness of the USAID’s and the Government of Ethiopia’s investments. Previous experience and/or knowledge of DCED Standard is “a strong advantage”. Apply by 31 March 2017.
- MarketShare Associates is currently recruiting for a International Results Monitoring Manager, again working to support the Essor project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This individual would have at least five years of experience working on designing and implementing high quality and robust monitoring systems. Familiarity with logframe methodology and DFID reporting systems is also required. The position would ideally be based in full-time in Kinshasa, DRC; experience with the DCED Standard is desired. Click here for more details. Apply by 31 March 2017.
- Care International‘s ‘Generating Rubber Opportunities’ programme in Myanmar is seeking a short-term consultant on women’s economic empowerment in market systems development. Apply by 31 March 2017.
- Swisscontact is recruiting for a Project Manager for Project Horti-Sempre, Phase II (a horticultural programme). She or he will ensure the programme’s planning, reporting and implementation are made according to the Swisscontact’s guiding principles. Experience of six years in a project management position in development cooperation is required. The position will be based in Nampula, Mozambique. For more information click here.
- The ILO seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from qualified independent evaluators, teams or consulting firms to conduct an independent evaluation of the ILO’s work on enterprise development in Myanmar. Interested parties are requested to submit an EoI including: a cover letter explaining what kind of expertise would be mobilised to undertake the evaluation, how the candidate(s) meet(s) the desired profile, CV(s), and fee structure. EoIs should be sent to Pamornrat Pringsulaka (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further details please see the draft Terms of Reference here. The deadline to submit proposals for the evaluation is by close of business on 29 March 2017.
- PwC is recruiting for a Team Leader for a women’s economic empowerment programme. The programme will aim to catalyse a market-based approach for the private sector delivery of improved economic opportunities for women. This role requires experience leading large-scale donor programmes in developing countries, experience in building/managing partnerships with businesses/MNCs, and a technical understanding of women’s economic development. For more information click here. Apply by 20 March 2017.
- Itad is recruiting for a Private Sector Development Theme Leader. This individual will lead a dedicated, smart and creative team to manage Itad’s existing portfolio of projects, whilst developing and delivering against a strategy for growth of the theme. She or he will be actively engaged in Itad’s continued work to develop innovative methodologies whilst contributing to Itad’s reputation as a ‘thought leader’ in M&E through the generation of knowledge products.
- The ILO is recruiting for a French-speaking consultant to conduct market systems analysis for refugee livelihoods. The analysis will consist of two separate but interlinked analyses: a socio-economic assessment and context analysis, and a market analysis with value chain analysis. The consultant will conduct assessments using the methodology outlined in the draft UNHCR-ILO “Guide to market-based livelihoods interventions for refugees”. For more information click here. Apply by 30 March 2017.
- The ILO is recruiting a consultant to for a sector selection and rapid market assessment/value chain analysis in the fruit and vegetable sectors in Guyana from 1 April – 31 July, 2017. If you are interested in obtaining the Terms of Reference, please contact email@example.com. Apply by 21 March 2017.
- Global Affairs Canada has launched a call for proposals in Haiti around Strengthening agri-food value chains and adaptation to climate change. Note that the call is not open to multilateral organizations or sovereign entities (for example, the government of a country); however, this does not prevent the prime applicant from demonstrating partnership activities with such institutions in order to achieve its objectives. For more information, please visit the following web page: http://international.gc.ca/
world-monde/funding- financement/haiti-2016.aspx? lang=eng. Project proposals must be submitted by 6 April, 2017.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Training and Events on the DCED Standard and Results Measurement in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- The BEAM Exchange is organising a series of webinars on market systems development, including ‘Beyond gendered social norms – insititutional biases and market norms‘ (21 April, 3pm-4pm GMT); ‘Hiring managers for adaptive management – from recruitment to retainment (30 March, 2pm-3m GMT); and ‘The Systemic Change Framework – A practical tool to guide systems intervention‘ (11 April, 12:00 GMT).
- The G20 Global Platform on Inclusive Business (GPIB) and the Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) are organising an event on ‘Alleviating Poverty through Inclusive Business. Policy Dialogue on Creating an Enabling Environment through Public-Private Collaboration, 5 May 2017, in Berlin. G20 members and interested policymakers, donor representatives, inclusive businesses, international organizations, development banks, foundations and academia can register for the event here by 31 March 2017.
- The SEEP Network is convening a Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum, May 23-25, in Bangkok, Thailand.The agenda of the Forum will focus on three themes: The Rural Poor, Enterprise Development and Job Creation, and Women’s Financial Inclusion. Register here.
- Training: Aly Miehlbradt and Hans Posthumus are offering the course ‘Advanced Course in Results Measurement‘, in Bangkok in November 2017. This new, five-day course will help experienced results measurement practitioners advance their skills in applying the practices embedded in the DCED Results Measurement Standard. The course will focus on challenging technical topics, critical soft skills, and emerging areas of results measurement for PSD. Please note: the course is only open to Results Measurement practitioners with at least two years of experience in applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice and sufficient knowledge of the practices embedded in the Standard.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses