Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Cardno (MDF) is recruiting for a Business Advisor in Pakistan. Apply by 25 August 2017.
- Palladium is currently recruiting for a Team Leader for TIRTA, a programme that aims to improve Indonesian smallholder farmers’ access to irrigation. She or he will be responsible for the day to day leadership and management of the program. The Team Leader will also oversee the program’s results measurement system. The deadline for applications is 22 August 2017.
- Adam Smith International is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for MAFITA, a DFID-funded youth employment programme in Nigeria. She or he will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of core programme management functions, as well as managing a team of approximately eight. This position will be based in Kano, Nigeria.
- The Springfield Centre is currently recruiting for a Consultant/Senior Consultant. This individual will spend much of his or her time analysing markets and systems: how they work and what the constraints are to achieving better outcomes for poor people. He or she will work on a broad range of research outputs, and also contribute to the Springfield Centre’s internationally-recognised training programmes. The position is based in Durham, UK and the deadline for applications is 20 August 2017 (early application is encouraged). Click here for more information.
- CDC seeks an Evaluations Manager, Development Impact, to manage their portfolio of independent, rigorous evaluations; apply by 14 September 2017.
- The IZA and DFID-funded Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries Programme calls for research proposals, with the overall objective of delivering a significant new body of evidence on growth and labor markets to help shape future policies in low-income countries.Research projects can be proposed for the following research areas:Growth and Labour Market Outcomes;Active Labour Market Policies, Labour Market Institutions and Labour Market Frictions;Human Capital and Labour Productivity; Migration and Labour Markets;Labour Market Dimensions of Population Dynamics, Urbanisation, and the Environment. Apply by 16 October.
- The GrOW Research Series has launched a call for working papers on women’s economic empowerment and economic growth in low-income countries.This series is housed at the Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID) at McGill University in Montreal.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Course in Results Measurement for PSD, the Netherlands, 14-18 August 2017. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. Trainers: Phitcha Wanitphon and Hans Posthumus. Click here for more information.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Bangkok, 20-24 Nov. 2017. This workshop provides opportunity to share lessons learned, solve common problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. It will be designed based on challenges, issues and cases identified by participants and will prioritize interaction and peer learning. Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience with applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice. To apply, visit www.miehlbradt.com for an application form, and send it to email@example.com.
Events on Market Systems Development
- The Springfield Centre ‘Making Markets Work’ training programme will be held in Bangkok from 19 November to 1 December 2017. See here for more details.
- The SEEP Network Annual Conference will take place 2-4 October in Arlington, Virginia on the theme of Catalyzing Transformative Change. The conference agenda will be organized around four technical tracks: Resilience through Market Systems; Markets, Food Systems and Nutrition; Financial Inclusion and Client Empowerment; Adaptive Management and Organisational Change. Register here.
Other PSD related Training and Events
- The International Training Centre of the ILO is organising a training course on Youth Employment in Fragile Settings, 2-6 October 2017 in Turin, Italy. Apply by 18 August.
- The International Training Centre of the ILO further offers a course on Private Sector Development in Fragile and Conflict Affected Environments, 16-20 October 2017. This course was originally developed under the auspices of the DCED. Apply by 29 September.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses