Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Christian Aid is recruiting for a Global Inclusive Markets Adviser who will provide technical leadership and enhance capacity of programmes/ partners and other relevant stakeholders in the organisation to develop inclusive markets with demonstrable results for vulnerable and affected communities. This post requires substantive experience and understanding of M&E concepts and practice, and an awareness of the DCED Standard. The location of this role is flexible. Apply by February 15th, 2017.
- MarketShare Associates is currently recruiting for a Francophone Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Expert, working principally on the Essor project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Essor is a business enabling environment reform project focused on improving the business climate in the energy, finance, trade, and related sectors.The position would ideally be based in Denver, Colorado; experience with the DCED Standard is desired. Click here for more details.
- The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is recruiting for a Senior Program Officer to take the lead on research that focuses on new roles for the private sector in development and new business and financing models that combine profit motives with social and environmental goals. Apply by 13 February, 2017.
- UNESCO‘s Section for Youth, Literacy and Skills Development is looking for a consultant who can carry out value-chain analysis in a rural region of Namibia. This research is part of broader cooperation between UNESCO and Namibia’s Ministry of Higher Education, Training and Innovation (MHETI), and will lead to the development of a pilot programme for skills development in the same rural region. The proposed consultancy will include two ten-day missions to Namibia and twenty days of work to produce deliverables. Full ToRs are available here. Apply by 28 February 2017.
- Itad is recruiting for a Private Sector Development Theme Leader. This individual will lead a dedicated, smart and creative team to manage Itad’s existing portfolio of projects, whilst developing and delivering against a strategy for growth of the theme. She or he will be actively engaged in Itad’s continued work to develop innovative methodologies whilst contributing to Itad’s reputation as a ‘thought leader’ in M&E through the generation of knowledge products.
- The Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) is recruiting for a data analyst/associate economist, based in London. This role is at the centre of PIDG’s work to measure and manage the development impact of a wide portfolio of infrastructure projects in Africa and Asia. Click here for more details. Apply by 17 February, 2017.
Calls for proposals
- Global Affairs Canada has launched a call for proposals in Haiti around Strengthening agri-food value chains and adaptation to climate change. Note that the call is not open to multilateral organizations or sovereign entities (for example, the government of a country); however, this does not prevent the prime applicant from demonstrating partnership activities with such institutions in order to achieve its objectives. For more information, please visit the following web page: http://international.gc.ca/
world-monde/funding- financement/haiti-2016.aspx? lang=eng. Project proposals must be submitted by 6 April, 2017.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Training and Events on the DCED Standard and Results Measurement in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Training: Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon are offering the course ‘Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development‘, 13 – 17 March 2017, in Bangkok. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system. The course is offered by HPC with Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon as lead trainers.
- Training: Aly Miehlbradt and Hans Posthumus are offering the course ‘Advanced Course in Results Measurement‘, in Bangkok in November 2017. This new, five-day course will help experienced results measurement practitioners advance their skills in applying the practices embedded in the DCED Results Measurement Standard. The course will focus on challenging technical topics, critical soft skills, and emerging areas of results measurement for PSD. Please note: the course is only open to Results Measurement practitioners with at least two years of experience in applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice and sufficient knowledge of the practices embedded in the Standard.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses