Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Cardno (MDF) is currently recruiting for a Market Development Advisor. The position is based in Fiji, will coordinate many of the day-to-day activities of the CT, such as sector analysis, strategy design, the design, negotiating and management of partnerships in line with MDF’s systems approach. Experience of implementing the DCED Standard is an essential requirement. View the full ToR here.
- Gatsby Africa is recruiting for a Senior Programme Manager for its Insights and Partnerships Team. This individual will establish and manage strategic partnerships to enhance the organisation’s ability to support economic transformation in East Africa. They will manage relationships with the research community, think tanks, implementing organisations and donors. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Apply by 24 July 2017.
- The ILO is recruiting for a Project Manager – Regional Project Coordinator for the Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises (SCORE) programme based in Hanoi, Vietnam. SCORE aims to improve productivity and working conditions in small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Apply by 5 July.
- The GrOW Research Series has launched a call for working papers on women’s economic empowerment and economic growth in low-income countries.This series is housed at the Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID) at McGill University in Montreal.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Course in Results Measurement for PSD, the Netherlands, 14-18 August 2017. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. Trainers: Phitcha Wanitphon and Hans Posthumus. Early Bird Discount till 30th June 2017 . Click here for more information.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Bangkok, 20-24 Nov. 2017. This workshop provides opportunity to share lessons learned, solve common problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. It will be designed based on challenges, issues and cases identified by participants and will prioritize interaction and peer learning. Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience with applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice. Partial scholarships may be available, if you are accepted onto the course before 31 July.To apply, visit www.miehlbradt.com for an application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events on Market Systems Development
- The Springfield Centre ‘Making Markets Work’ training programme will be held in Bangkok from 19 November to 1 December 2017. Application forms and course brochures will be available in July 2017. See here for more details.
- The SEEP Network Annual Conference will take place 2-4 October in Arlington, Virginia on the theme of Catalyzing Transformative Change. The conference agenda will be organized around four technical tracks: Resilience through Market Systems; Markets, Food Systems and Nutrition; Financial Inclusion and Client Empowerment; Adaptive Management and Organisational Change. Register here.
- SEEP also invites proposals from network members for conference sessions that address the specific technical tracks listed above, and will also consider submissions outside of these tracks that reflect the conference’s general theme. For more detailed descriptions of the track themes, please download the Request for Proposals. Proposals can be submitted by 16 June.
Events on Impact Investing
- Palladium is organising a one-day conference on Impact Investing in Emerging Markets – Capital Allocation for Sustainable Development, 26 June 2017, at the Said Business School in Oxford, UK.
- Durham University’s Global Policy Institute, in association with the Springfield Centre, will be offering a one week course on global inequality and development. Keynote speakers include Professor Stuart Corbridge (Durham), Professor David Held (Durham), Professor Robert Wade (LSE), Simon Levine (ODI) and Alastair King-Smith (FCO). The event will be held at University College, Durham Castle, 17-21 July 2017.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses