Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- MarketShare Associates is currently recruiting for a Francophone Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Expert, working principally on the Essor project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Essor is a business enabling environment reform project focused on improving the business climate in the energy, finance, trade, and related sectors, as well as supporting good governance efforts.The position would ideally be based in Denver, Colarado. Click here for more details.
- Adam Smith International is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Private Sector Development, Technical Support Unit (M4P or MRM) in London.
Calls for proposals
- Global Affairs Canada has launched a call for proposals in Haiti around Strengthening agri-food value chains and adaptation to climate change. Note that the call is not open to multilateral organizations or sovereign entities (for example, the government of a country); however, this does not prevent the prime applicant from demonstrating partnership activities with such institutions in order to achieve its objectives. For more information, please visit the following web page: http://international.gc.ca/
world-monde/funding- financement/haiti-2016.aspx? lang=eng. Project proposals must be submitted by April 6, 2017.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Training and Events on the DCED Standard and Results Measurement in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Training: Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon are offering the course ‘Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development‘, 13 – 17 March 2017, in Bangkok. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system. The course is offered by HPC with Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon as lead trainers. There is an early-bird-discount (10%) if registration, acceptance and payment are completed before 31st December 2016.
- Training: Aly Miehlbradt and Hans Posthumus are offering the course ‘Advanced Course in Results Measurement‘, 20-24 March 2017, Bangkok. This new, five-day course will help experienced results measurement practitioners advance their skills in applying the practices embedded in the DCED Results Measurement Standard. The course will focus on challenging technical topics, critical soft skills, and emerging areas of results measurement for PSD. Please note: the course is only open to Results Measurement practitioners with at least two years of experience in applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice and sufficient knowledge of the practices embedded in the Standard.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar