Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Mott McDonald are recruiting for a Team Leader for the DFID-funded Skills for Employment programme in Mozambique. The Team Leader is in charge of the senior management team of the JOBA Programme and is responsible for overseeing the three components of the project: the Employment Fund, the creation of a National Association of Non State TVET training providers and the support to a national Labour Market Information System. Experience in using the DCED Standard is preferred. Apply by 1 May 2017
- The ILO are recruiting for a Technical Officer, with responsibilities for Sustainable Enterprises and Value Chain Development. This position would entail the backstopping of all areas of implementation, as well as developing a monitoring and evaluation schedule of value chain development interventions, “taking into account the guidelines of the DCED”. Apply by 24 April 2017.
- Swisscontact is recruiting for a Project Manager for Project Horti-Sempre, Phase II (a horticultural programme). She or he will ensure the programme’s planning, reporting and implementation are made according to the Swisscontact’s guiding principles. Experience of six years in a project management position in development cooperation is required. The position will be based in Nampula, Mozambique. For more information click here.
- Itad is recruiting for a Private Sector Development Theme Leader. This individual will lead a dedicated, smart and creative team to manage Itad’s existing portfolio of projects, whilst developing and delivering against a strategy for growth of the theme. She or he will be actively engaged in Itad’s continued work to develop innovative methodologies whilst contributing to Itad’s reputation as a ‘thought leader’ in M&E through the generation of knowledge products.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Online Training Course on Results Measurement Using the DCED Standard: This month-long, online training course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to measure the results of your programme using the DCED Standard. The next course will be held in June 2017 (5th June – 2nd July). For previous participant feedback, information on how to apply, and more information about the course see www.devlearn.org.
- Course in Results Measurement for PSD, the Netherlands, 14-18 August 2017. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. Trainers: Phitcha Wanitphon and Hans Posthumus. Early Bird Discount till 30th June 2017 . Click here for more information.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Bangkok, Thailand, 20-24 November 2017. This unique 4½ day workshop will bring together experienced results measurement practitioners to share lessons learned, solve common problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. It will be designed based on challenges, issues and cases identified by participants and will prioritize interaction and peer learning. The workshop welcomes practitioners who are Results Measurement Managers or Specialists in PSD programs or specialized consultants providing support in results measurement to PSD programs; applicants should have at least 2 years of experience with applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice. To apply, contact MCL at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.miehlbradt.com for an application form.
Events on Inclusive Business
- The G20 Global Platform on Inclusive Business (GPIB) and the Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) are organising an event on ‘Alleviating Poverty through Inclusive Business. Policy Dialogue on Creating an Enabling Environment through Public-Private Collaboration‘, 5 May 2017, in Berlin. . You can follow the event on twitter (@IBAN_connect) and access supporting documentation the event website.
- Durham University’s Global Policy Institute, in association with the Springfield Centre, will be offering a one week course on global inequality and development. Keynote speakers include Professor Stuart Corbridge (Durham), Professor David Held (Durham), Professor Robert Wade (LSE), Simon Levine (ODI) and Alastair King-Smith (FCO). The event will be held at University College, Durham Castle, 17-21 July 2017.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- The SEEP Network is convening a Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum, May 23-25, in Bangkok, Thailand.The agenda of the Forum will focus on three themes: The Rural Poor, Enterprise Development and Job Creation, and Women’s Financial Inclusion. Register here.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses