Donor reports on results
Donors are increasingly preparing reports on the results they have achieved, for Parliament and the public:
- Dutch Development Results 2016 in Perspective: Private Sector Development using (among others) DCED harmonised indicators according to this methodology.
- Swiss Accountability and Effectiveness Reports of SECO and SDC to 2016
Portfolio evaluations of agencies’ PSD work
- Evaluation de l’appui au secteur privé par la Coopération Belge au Développement, 2018
- Towards Private Sector Led Growth: Lessons of experience. Synthesis of 33 evaluations of support for PSD by bilateral and multilateral institutions over the past five years, by AfDB and Norad, 2016
- UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (2014): Independent Review of DFID’s Private Sector Development Work
- IOB Evaluation (2014): In search of focus and effectiveness: Policy review of Dutch support for private sector development 2005 – 2012
- ADE (2013): Evaluation of the European Union’s Support to Private Sector Development in Third Countries: Final Report – Volume 1.
- Bridges Ventures (2013): Oxfam Enterprise Development Programme Review.
- Devfin (2013): Evaluation of Private Sector Development of ADA (Austrian Development Cooperation).
- Devfin (2010): Evaluation of Norwegian Business-related Assistance: Main Report Oslo: Norad
- Danida Evaluation Department (2009): Synthesis of Evaluations on Support to Business Development.
Evaluations of challenge funds
These are now posted on the knowledge page for Private Sector Engagement.
Evaluations of agencies’ private sector engagement and partnerships
- UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (2015): Business in Development. Independent review of DFID’s work with and through business
- Evaluation of Danida Business-to-Business Programme 2006-2011 (2014)
Evaluations of agencies’ support to the development of markets and value chains
- ITAD for Sida (2018) Evaluation of the market systems development approach. Lessons for expanded use and adaptive management at Sida.
- ITAD for DFID (2018) External Review of Enabling the Business of Agriculture
- IMC Worldwide for DFID (2017) Commercial Agriculture Portfolio Review: Final Report
- Sinha et al for Sida (2013) What works for market development: A review of the evidence.
- Itad for DFID (2013): Review of M4P Evaluation Methods and Approaches.
Further relevant evaluations can be found on the Value Chain Development Database.
- Finland’s Aid for Trade 2012-2015: Evaluation (2016)
- UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (2013): DFID’s Trade Development Work in Southern Africa.
- Olivier Cadot et. al. (2011): Where to spend the next million? Applying impact evaluation to trade assistance, CEPR and The World Bank.
- Hageboeck, Molly (2010): From Aid to Trade: Delivering Results. A cross-country evaluation of USAID Trade Capacity Building. A summary of the report can be read here.
Evaluations of development finance institutions
- Evaluation of the Norwegian Norfund (2015)
- Evaluation of the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO) (2014).
- Independent Thematic Evaluation Study (2014): ADB’s Support for Inclusive Growth.
- Lemma, Alberto (2015): Development Impact of DFIs, ODI/ EPS-PEAKS Helpdesk Request.
Country-specific evaluations of agencies’ PSD work
- UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (2014): DFID Bilateral Support to Growth and Livelihoods in Afghanistan.
- Devfin Advisers. (2010): Evaluation of Norwegian Business-related Assistance: Uganda Case Study. Oslo: Norad.
- Devfin Advisers. (2010): Evaluation of Norwegian Business-related Assistance: Bangladesh Case Study. Oslo: Norad.
- Devfin Advisers. (2010): Evaluation of Norwegian Business-related Assistance: Sri Lanka Case Study Oslo: Norad.