- Evaluation of Economic Development, Job Creation and Livelihoods, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, 2021
- Evaluation de l’appui au secteur privé par la Coopération Belge au Développement, 2018
- Towards Private Sector Led Growth: Lessons of experience. Synthesis of 33 evaluations of support for PSD by bilateral and multilateral institutions over the past five years, by AfDB and Norad, 2016
- UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (2014): Independent Review of DFID’s PSD Work
- UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (2014): DFID Bilateral Support to Growth and Livelihoods in Afghanistan.
- IOB Evaluation (2014): Policy review of Dutch support for PSD 2005 – 2012
- ADE (2013): Evaluation of the European Union’s Support to PSD in Third Countries: Final Report – Volume 1.
- Bridges Ventures (2013): Oxfam Enterprise Development Programme Review.
- Devfin (2013): Evaluation of Private Sector Development of ADA (Austrian Development Cooperation).
- Devfin (2010): Evaluation of Norwegian Business-related Assistance: Main Report Oslo: Norad
- Danida Evaluation Department (2009): Synthesis of Evaluations on Support to Business Development.
- Finland’s Development Policy Results Report 2022 – Economy and Jobs Chapter
- Dutch Development Results 2020: Private Sector Development
- USAID Performance Reports to FY20 (see Strategic Goal 2)
- Swiss Accountability and Effectiveness Reports of SECO and SDC to 2020
- Proparco AFD Key points from the 2020 Sustainable Development Report
- DFID/UKAID Results Estimates 2015-2020: Sector Report (see Chapter 13 for Jobs and Income)
Thematic evaluations of agencies’ PSD work
This section links to thematic portfolio evaluations of agencies’ performance in using a particular PSD approach. Please note that further evidence on results, including project-level evaluations and systematic literature reviews, can be found in the DCED’s Evidence Framework and knowledge pages on different PSD approaches. For project-level evaluations of Market Systems Development programmes, please refer to the BEAM Exchange evidence resources.
- Evaluations of agencies’ support to value chain development
- Evaluations of agencies’ support to business environment reform
- Evaluations of agencies’ support to market systems development
- Evaluations of agencies private sector partnerships and engagement, including challenge funds and broader approach to business engagement (see the agency experiences section here)
- Austria ADA (2016) Guidelines for Country and Regional Strategy Evaluation and Reviews of the Austrian Development Cooperation
- Australia DFAT (2016) Monitoring and Evaluation Standards
- Canada Global Affairs Canada (2016): Results-based management for international assistance programming: A how-to guide
- Denmark Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2018) Evaluation Guidelines
- Finland Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2018). Evaluation Manual.
- Norway Norad. (2016) Guidelines for the evaluation process and for preparing reports
- OECD. (2006) DAC Evaluation Quality Standards
- Sweden Sida. (2018) Evaluation Handbook.
- USAID. (2016) Evaluation Policy and (2021) Agency PSE Indicators and Harmonising Indicator Tool
- World Bank. (2016) Impact Evaluation in Practice Handbook
Photo credits: sasing/ pixabay.com