The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Palladium seek a Chief Quality Officer for the PRISMA programme in Indonesia. About you: ‘Proven experience providing strategic direction and management support to large RML teams and demonstrated skills and experience in monitoring and results measurement to a high level of compliance with the DCED [Standard] in a market systems context.’ Apply by 31 January.
- USAID seeks Private Enterprise Officers to join the Foreign Service, to assist in the planning, analysis, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of economic growth projects. Apply by 2 March.
- CBI is part of The Netherlands Enterprise Agency and is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. It is recruiting experts in several PSD-related fields. See their website for more information about what is currently available and how to apply.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- E-training: DevLearn’s online training course on the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, running 5th – 30th April 2021, shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide. Online training is cost-effective, interactive, and entertainingly delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. The course lasts four weeks and is made to be delivered online, so you can learn alongside your normal working week. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- Phitcha Wanitphon and Hans Posthumus are offering a course on Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development online. It comprises 10 half-day sessions, starting 22nd March 2021 and ending 2nd April. The course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results, drawing on the DCED Standard framework.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- Dr Simon White is offering a course on Cutting Local Red Tape, online: 3-4 hours per week, 7 – 21 December 2020 (2 weeks), instructor-led in English. Participants will learn about the role of local governments in creating a business environment that is conducive to small business development, innovation and economic growth. The course will teach tools and techniques for assessing the local business environment and reducing red tape while enhancing the quality of local laws and regulations.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses