The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- No current opportunities available, please check back.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Training and Events on the DCED Standard and Results Measurement in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- The Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement will take place in Thailand, 9-13 October 2023. It will involve practical approaches, sharing challenges and tips and contributing lessons to the field. The main theme of the workshop this year will be assessing system change. To attend this training workshop, you must have at least 2 years of practical experience applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard. For more information, please see the Flyer.
- DevLearn’s online training course in May 2023 shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide. Online training is interactive, and delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. Their course lasts four weeks and will take approximately one day of work per week. Find out more and sign up.
- Opportunities Unlimited offers a live, online training course on Research for Market Systems Development from 5-9 June 2023. This online training program helps intervention and results measurement managers, as well as consultants, design and implement robust yet practical research methods to analyze markets, inform strategy and intervention design, and measure impact. Participants learn how to develop feasible research plans, choose the most appropriate research tools and apply them in different market situations to obtain quantitative and qualitative information. For more information, see the flyer.
Training and Events on Business Environment Reform
- The ICR Facility offer a self-paced training course in Business Environment Reform (BER) Tools, for public and private stakeholders in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries. The training provides an introduction to BER and the ICR Toolbox, and three modules covering individual tools. For registration and more information please see the ICR Facility website.
Training and Events on Inclusive Business
- The Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) has developed an e-learning course “Introduction to Inclusive Business” focusing on the definition and basic features of inclusive business (IB); IB target groups and how they are involved in the value chain; different IB approaches and the IB ecosystem. The course targets impact entrepreneurs and managers, policymakers, impact investors and the general public.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- UNIDO offer a self-paced, free, online training course on gender lens investing (GLI) for donor staff. Learners should plan to dedicate 1 – 1.5 hours to each of the six modules.
- FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on Gender Equality and Development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- UN CC:e-Learn offers a self-paced 30-hour course in English on Green Industrial Policy: Promoting Competitiveness and Structural Transformation
- The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Marketlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- ValueLinks training courses