The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Luxembourg Development is recruiting an expert in private sector engagement and development (announcement in French). Apply by 18 April.
- The International Growth Centre aims to address knowledge gaps in the small and growing business sector by commissioning high-quality, practitioner-researcher co-generated research projects. Apply by 30 April.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- E-training: DevLearn’s online training course on the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, running 5 – 30 April 2021, shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide. The course lasts four weeks and is made to be delivered online, so you can learn alongside your normal working week. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- E-training: Hans Posthumus and Miehlbradt Consulting offer an Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for Private Sector Development, running 1 – 5 or the 15 – 19 November 2021, for practitioners with at least two years of practical experience applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- DCED BEWG Webinar, Wednesday 21 April 2021, 14:00 CET. Part of the series ‘Using BER to Build Back Better’ – Retaining, attracting and servicing investors in COVID-19 (click on the link to register).
- E-training: ILO offers a 4 week online training course on Promoting an Enabling Environment for Sustainable Enterprises in Fragile Contexts, running 3 – 28 May 2021. More information in English available via this link, and in French via this link.
- E-training: FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses