Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Elán RDC is recruiting for a Monitoring & Results Measurement Manager in Kinshasa, DRC. Activities are expected to be informed by the guidance available in the DCED Standard.
- UNCDF is currently recruiting a Results Measurement and Learning Consultant to. Under the supervision of the Regional Technical Specialist Digital Finance and Innovation (DFI) and the Research and Results Measurement Analyst (RRM Analyst), the consultant will be responsible for implementing the results and learning strategy for the programme, especially in Malaysia and China. The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Apply by 24 March 2018.
- The Market Development Facility (MDF) are seeking applications for a Specialist for Re-branding, Marketing and Brokering Deals for Fiji Sugar and a Social Media Consultant. The deadlines for applications are 15 March and 19 March, respectively.
- Adam Smith International is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for MAFITA, a DFID-funded youth employment programme in Nigeria. She or he will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of core programme management functions, as well as managing a team of approximately eight. This position will be based in Kano, Nigeria.
- The German Development Institute (DIE), Green Growth Knowledge Platform, and GIZ have launched a call for papers for a conference on “Green transformation and competitive advantage: Evidence from developing countries”. The deadline for submissions of extended outlines is 9 April 2018. See here for further details.
- The GrOW Research Series has launched a call for working papers on women’s economic empowerment and economic growth in low-income countries.This series is housed at the Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID) at McGill University in Montreal.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, 20-24 August 2018, The Netherlands. This 5-day course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. This course targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers that are working in Private Sector Development programs.
- Results Measurement for Program Managers, 28-31 August 2018, Bangkok. This 4-day course – exclusively for program managers of implementing agencies – will introduce you to the key principles, practices and tips that will enable you to lead effective results measurement for management, learning and reporting in your program. The course targets teamleaders and senior managers implementing private sector development programs who want to learn more about how to make use of results measurement for strategic learning and decision-making as well as effective reporting.
- Market Systems Symposium 2018 is taking place from Apr 24- 26 in Cape Town, South Africa. Join donors, leading experts, and practitioners from around the globe to move forward conversations that explore innovations in research and the application of market systems development strategies. Topics include how donors can more effectively manage market development projects. The agenda comprises inspiring dialogues, capacity building breakouts, hands-on tool workshops, and tons of networking. Market Systems Symposium 2018 will provide inspiration, capacity building, and connections needed to strengthen and transform market systems development practice. Register here: https://www.marketsystemssymposium.org/.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training of trainers in Entrepreneurship Development
ITC ILO is organising the ILO’s Entrepreneurship Trainers Academy from May to December 2018 . This is the first Trainers Academy offering participants the possibility of becoming certified trainers in three key ILO entrepreneurship training packages, including Start and Improve Your Business, GET Ahead and the newly launched Financial Education package. Apply by 13 April 2018.
Training and Events on Local Economic Development
- Mesopartner Summer Academy 2018, Berlin, 2 to 6 July 2018. The event is targeted at experienced professionals involved in designing, implementing and facilitating economic development processes and building team capacity. At the Summer Academy, participants are introduced to Mesopartner’s approach to Local Economic Development (LED), which brings together experiences and instruments from various approaches to Local and Regional Economic Development (LED/LRED), Bottom Up Industrial Policy, Innovation Systems, Complexity Thinking and Market System Development (MSD/M4P). At the Summer Academy 2018, the specific emphasis will be on the emergence and adaptation of meso organisations and their central role in the LED process. It will further explore the importance of the social and cultural environment on the effectiveness and competitiveness of a territorial economy. It will discuss the role of development programmes in territorial development processes. Find out more about the Summer Academy and how to register on the event homepage.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses