The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- The ILO is recruiting a Technical Officer in SME Development and Enterprise Formalisation to be based in La Paz. Apply by 1 March.
- The MasterCard Foundation is currently recruiting for various roles, including Program Leads in agriculture, digital economy, TVET, MSME etc.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Online Training on the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, DevLearn, 2-27 March 2020. DevLearn’s online training course shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide. Online training is cost-effective, interactive, and entertainingly delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, Hans Posthumus Consultancy, 17-21 August 2020, the Netherlands. This course will draw on the DCED Standard to improve programme performance and enable you to communicate credible results. It targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers that are working in PSD programmes. Find out more and register here.
Training and Events in PSD
- Online Training on Market Systems Development, DevLearn, 2-27 March 2020. DevLearn’s online training course will introduce the core concepts of market systems development and provide simple, practical tips to enable you to implement them in your context. It is offered entirely online and can easily be combined alongside a normal working week. Click here to find more information and apply.
- Introduction to MSD and LED training event, Mesopartner, 1-5 June 2020, Hanoi. This training will provide a comprehensive introduction to Market Systems Development (MSD) and Local Economic Development (LED) approaches, drawing from both theory and many years of implementation experience. Participants will be able to choose a focus on either MSD or LED during the training. Find out more and register here.
- Mesopartner Summer Academy, Mesopartner, 6-10 July 2020, Berlin. This annual training event will enhance experienced development practitioners’ knowledge on development and expose you to the necessary tools and insights you need to make an impact on development. Find out more and register here.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses