Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Elán RDC is recruiting for a Monitoring & Results Measurement Manager in Kinshasa, DRC. Activities are expected to be informed by the guidance available in the DCED Standard.
- Habitat for Humanity International is recruiting for a Market Systems and Entrepreneurship Manager in Cebu City, The Philippines. Experience with monitoring frameworks such as the DCED Standard is required.
- CAVAC is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser. The main goal for this position is to strengthen the programme’s M&E system by implementing the recommendations from a number of external reviews. One of the key activities will be to prepare the program for the full DCED audit in late 2018. The position will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Apply by 27 October 2017.
- HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is seeking an International Project Director for the SDC-funded RisiAlbania project.The project aims to stimulate employment through a Market Systems Development approach. This individual will have experience in innovative practices in monitoring and results measurement, preferably the DCED Standard for results measurement. This position will be based in Tirana, Albania and the expected start date is November 2017. Click here for more information.
- DFID has several in-country opportunities in economic development, including a Policy Advisor, Economic Development Policy, China (apply by 27 October); a programme manager in the Economic Growth Team of DFID Rwanda (apply by 27 October); and a Green Growth Analyst at DFID India (apply by 12 November).
- Sida invites evaluation and MSD consultants to tender for a formative evaluation of how Sida has managed programmes adopting the MSD approach, to facilitate Sida’s learning from experience and developing its ways of working. Please register and find all relevant information here. Please also see the Terms of Reference for the assignment. The deadline for tender submissions is 13 November 2017.
- UNCDF is seeking proposals for a mid-term evaluation of its Mobile Money for the Poor (MM4P) Programme. For this evaluation, UNCDF is looking for a firm with experience in assessing programs with a market development approach.This evaluation will focus mainly on the implementation of the programme in the countries of Benin, Nepal, Senegal, Uganda, and Zambia. Apply by 24 October 2017.
- Adam Smith International is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for MAFITA, a DFID-funded youth employment programme in Nigeria. She or he will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of core programme management functions, as well as managing a team of approximately eight. This position will be based in Kano, Nigeria.
- The GrOW Research Series has launched a call for working papers on women’s economic empowerment and economic growth in low-income countries.This series is housed at the Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID) at McGill University in Montreal.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- DCED-BEAM Seminar, Nairobi, 21-22 February 2018. The DCED and the BEAM Exchange are pleased to announce a two-day event in February 2018 with joint themes of results measurement (particularly around the Standard), and market systems development in cities. Priority themes include applying the market systems approach to employment creation in cities, adapting RM to adaptively managed programmes and using qualitative methods for causal analysis. For further information, see the seminar webpage.
- Introduction to the DCED Standard on Results Measurement in Private Sector Development, 20 February 2018, Nairobi, Kenya. This workshop offers a practical introduction to the DCED Standard. It not only covers the elements of the Standard with examples of their application, but also enables you to experience applying key aspects to actual case programs. The workshop is appropriate for professionals in private sector development who are not yet familiar with the DCED Standard. For more details, please view the course flyer.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Bangkok, 20-24 Nov. 2017. This workshop provides opportunity to share lessons learned, solve common problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. It will be designed based on challenges, issues and cases identified by participants and will prioritize interaction and peer learning. Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience with applying the DCED Results Measurement Standard in practice. To apply, visit www.miehlbradt.com for an application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events on Market Systems Development
- The Springfield Centre ‘Making Markets Work’ training programme will be held in Bangkok from 19 November to 1 December 2017. See here for more details.
Training on PSE in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Environments
- The International Training Centre of the ILO further offers a course on Private Sector Development in Fragile and Conflict Affected Environments, 11-15 December 2017. This course was originally developed under the auspices of the DCED. Apply by 3 November.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses