The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- The DCED Working Groups are currently building a pool of individual consultants and firms with expertise in the intersection between women’s economic empowerment (WEE), climate change mitigation and adaptation, and just transition, for a range of upcoming and future work in the overlap between these areas. To be included, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV, a description of your expertise in women’s economic empowerment and climate change (150-200 words) and an indication of your availability for assignments.
- Swisscontact and the Swiss Import Promotion Programme SIPPO of the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) seek an Advisor in Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) to maintain and further develop their MRM technical system-environment, manual and guidelines. Apply by 15 July.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Practical Research Techniques for Intervention Management: Opportunities Unlimited offers online training 19-27 September 2022, in research for monitoring purposes, aligned with the DCED Standard. Click here to find out more and to sign up.
- The Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) has developed an e-learning course “Introduction to Inclusive Business” focusing on the definition and basic features of inclusive business (IB); IB target groups and how they are involved in the value chain; different IB approaches and the IB ecosystem. The course targets impact entrepreneurs and managers, policymakers, impact investors and the general public.
- Making Women’s Economic Empowerment and Social Inclusion Systemic: Opportunities Unlimited offers online training 17-21 October 2022, focusing on how to integrate WEE and social inclusion into program implementation process (including research, design, monitoring and decision-making) to drive positive change in access, agency, social norms, and economic advancement. Click here to find out more and to sign up.
- FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on Gender Equality and Development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- UN CC:e-Learn offers a self-paced 30-hour course in English on Green Industrial Policy: Promoting Competitiveness and Structural Transformation
- The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Marketlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- ValueLinks training courses