The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Swisscontact seeks a Team Leader for the B-Skillful Project (Phase II) focusing on skills and enterprise development in Bangladesh. Apply by 25 June (re-advertised).
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Practical Research Techniques for Intervention Management: Opportunities Unlimited offers on-line training 6-10 September 2021, targeting the intervention manager who grapples with how to do good research for monitoring purposes. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- Online Training on the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, 4-29 October 2021. DevLearn offer an online training course that shows you how to measure and use results, using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. Their online training is interactive, delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. The course is delivered online, so you can learn alongside your normal working week. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- E-training: Hans Posthumus Consultancy and Miehlbradt Consulting Ltd. offer an Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for Private Sector Development, running 1 – 5 and the 15 – 19 November 2021, for practitioners with at least two years of practical experience applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. Click here to find out more and sign up.
- E-training: The Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) has developed an e-learning course “Introduction to Inclusive Business” focusing on the definition and basic features of inclusive business (IB); IB target groups and how they are involved in the value chain; different IB approaches and the IB ecosystem. The course targets impact entrepreneurs and managers, policymakers, impact investors and the general public.
- Event: Global Affairs Canada, the University of Ottawa and the Embassy of Finland in Canada are hosting Advancing Women’s and Girls’ Rights: Harnessing Technology and Innovation to Support Women’s Post-Pandemic Economic Empowerment at 9:00 EST on Tuesday 18 May 2021.
- E-training: FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: UN CC:e-Learn offers a self-paced 30-hour course in English on Green Industrial Policy: Promoting Competitiveness and Structural Transformation
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses