The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- ILO is recruiting for a Technical Officer, Women’s Entrepreneurship Development, in Geneva (apply by 4 January 2024).
- The DCED Green Growth Working Group seeks a consultant to produce research on green industrial policies and just transition implications. Apply by 17 January 2024 via GIZ’s procurement marketplace (listed with reference number 81301134; all necessary documents available via application link).
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
- UN CC:e-Learn offers a self-paced 30-hour course in English on Green Industrial Policy: Promoting Competitiveness and Structural Transformation
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- No upcoming training courses or events at this point.
The following training courses and events cover direct engagement with companies on their core business activities and/or engagement with the financial sector to leverage private finance for the SDGs.
- SDC Online Learning on Private Sector Engagement – including videos on ‘PSE fundamentals’, ‘Planning PSE interventions’ and SDC-specific information on PSE
- The Partnering Initiative: Effective Partnering for Sustainable Development – Facilitated Online Training Course
- GIIN: Guide for Impact Investment Fund Managers: A Step-by-Step Resource to Creating and Managing a Private Equity Impact Fund
- Social Finance Academy, in collaboration with University of Zurich and Convergence: Impact Investment & Blended Finance for Development Agencies & Foundations, September 11 – 13, 2024
- The Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) has developed an e-learning course “Introduction to Inclusive Business” focusing on the definition and basic features of inclusive business (IB); IB target groups and how they are involved in the value chain; different IB approaches and the IB ecosystem. The course targets impact entrepreneurs and managers, policymakers, impact investors and the general public.
- UNIDO offer a self-paced, free, online training course on gender lens investing (GLI) for donor staff. Learners should plan to dedicate 1 – 1.5 hours to each of the six modules.
- FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on Gender Equality and Development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Marketlinks listing of events
- ValueLinks training courses
Companies offering relevant training
- The Springfield Centre: Market Systems Development
- Action for Enterprise: Value Chain Development
- DevLearn: Market Systems Development, Results Measurement
- Mesopartner: Local Economic Development
- Resonance Frontier Markets Solutions: Private Sector Engagement and Partnerships
- Social Finance Academy: Blended finance
- The Partnering Initiative: Partnerships