The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations.
The second part lists training courses and other events. Click on the table of contents to access relevant sub-sections. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- The ILO is also searching for a Technical Officer for SME Development Refugee LIvelihoods. Apply by 28 March.
- Oxfam GB is looking for an Inclusive Markets and Enterprise Lead. Interested candidates must have the right to work and reside in the UK. Apply by 7 April.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Online Training: Results Measurement using the DCED Standard, 5-30 August. Development programmes working in complex environments need to understand the context they work in, monitor changes, and adapt their work accordingly. This sounds simple but is challenging in practice. DevLearn’s online training course shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. The course is delivered entirely online, and can be flexibly combined with a normal working week.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, 19-23 August in the Netherlands. This 5-day course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. It targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers who are working in Private Sector Development programs. For more information or to apply, see www.hposthumus.nl or email Hans Posthumus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Results Measurement for Programme Managers, 26-29 August, the Netherlands. The course targets team-leaders and senior managers implementing private sector development programs who want to learn more about how to make use of results measurement for strategic learning and decision-making as well as effective reporting. To apply, see www.hposthumus.nl or email Hans Posthumus at email@example.com.
Training and Events in PSD
- International MSD and LED training, 3-7 June, Myanmar. This training from Mesopartner will provide a comprehensive introduction to Market Systems Development (MSD) and Local Economic Development (LED) approaches, drawing from both theory and many years of implementation experience.
- Annual Summer Academy of Mesopartner, 1-5 July, Germany. This training targets professionals who have already collected some experience in designing, implementing and facilitating economic development processes and building team capacity. It will help you to deepen your understanding of systemic economic change processes and enable you to better guide your organisation or project to shape that process.
- Online Training: Market systems development, 5-30 August. MSD programmes support people living in poverty to increase their income, gain employment, and purchase basic goods. The approach can achieve sustainable impact at scale, but faces many practical challenges. DevLearn’s online training course will introduce the core concepts of market systems development and provide practical tips to enable you to implement them in your context. The course can be combined with a normal working week.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses