Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Palladium is looking for a Monitoring & Results Measurement Manager for the ‘Improving Market Systems in Agriculture for Rwanda’ project. The position is based in Kigali. Familiarity with the DCED Standard is desirable.
- Elán RDC is recruiting for a Monitoring & Results Measurement Manager in Kinshasa, DRC. Activities are expected to be informed by the guidance available in the DCED Standard.
- The Market Development Facility (MDF) is seeking applications for three key positions on its leadership team. MDF currently operates across five countries Fiji, Timor-Leste, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea. Applications are sought for the following positions: Chief Operating Officer (full details here), Chief Technical Officer (full details here) and Director of Quality & Inclusion (full details here). Applications close on 17 January 2018.
- Dexis Consulting Group is seeking Senior and Mid-Level level Transforming Market Systems Learning Experts to work under the Monitoring & Evaluation Support for Collaborative Learning and Adapting (MESCLA) contract with USAID. These individuals will be responsible for planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from rigorous monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Honduras development activities. The positions will be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Apply by 10 January 2018.
- SECO 17 – Call for Proposals to support Investments for Development through technical Assistance: SECO 17 is a call for partnering with the private sector to facilitate and support Investments for Development vehicles. These investments demonstrate a clear strategy to contribute to more and better jobs and/or low emission and climate resilient economies in developing countries. SECO invites the Impact Investment funds/ Investment for Development vehicles to present proposals for support of TA facilities. The submission deadline for proposals is 19 January 2018. For more information, please go to the SECO Cooperation website.
- BDO LLP is currently recruiting for a Consultant to join its PSD/Economic Growth team to win and deliver technical assistance projects funded by development partners (including DFID, EU, World Bank and others). The role will be based in London with regular travel to the field, including travel to fragile and conflict affected states. Further information can be found here.
- Adam Smith International is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for MAFITA, a DFID-funded youth employment programme in Nigeria. She or he will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of core programme management functions, as well as managing a team of approximately eight. This position will be based in Kano, Nigeria.
- The GrOW Research Series has launched a call for working papers on women’s economic empowerment and economic growth in low-income countries.This series is housed at the Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID) at McGill University in Montreal.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- DCED-BEAM Seminar, Nairobi, 21-22 February 2018. The DCED and the BEAM Exchange are pleased to announce a two-day event in February 2018 with joint themes of results measurement (particularly around the Standard), and market systems development in cities. Priority themes include applying the market systems approach to employment creation in cities, adapting RM to adaptively managed programmes and using qualitative methods for causal analysis. For further information, see the seminar webpage.
- Introduction to the DCED Standard on Results Measurement in Private Sector Development, 20 February 2018, Nairobi, Kenya. This workshop offers a practical introduction to the DCED Standard. It not only covers the elements of the Standard with examples of their application, but also enables you to experience applying key aspects to actual case programs. The workshop is appropriate for professionals in private sector development who are not yet familiar with the DCED Standard. For more details, please view the course flyer.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, 19-23 March 2018, Bangkok. This 5-day course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. This course targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers that are working in Private Sector Development programs.
- Results Measurement for Program Managers, 26-29 March 2018, Bangkok. This 4-day course – exclusively for program managers of implementing agencies – will introduce you to the key principles, practices and tips that will enable you to lead effective results measurement for management, learning and reporting in your program. The course targets teamleaders and senior managers implementing private sector development programs who want to learn more about how to make use of results measurement for strategic learning and decision-making as well as effective reporting.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
Training and Events on Green Growth
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites:
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses