Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- The ILO is recruiting a Project Junior Technical Officer for Entrepreneurship and SME development. The position will support the ILO’s Start and Improve Your Business (SIBY) management training programme and the Value Chain Development programme. Apply by 11 October.
- Palladium is currently recruiting a Team Leader to be based in their Canberra Office. In this hybrid position, you will spend about 75% of your time as the Team Leader on their Business Partnerships Platform project and the remainder working on a variety of business development and corporate activities for Palladium’s APAC region. Apply by 14 October.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Online Training: Results Measurement using the DCED Standard. Development programmes working in complex environments need to understand the context they work in, monitor changes, and adapt their work accordingly. This sounds simple but is challenging in practice. DevLearn’s online training course shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. This 4-week course is next offered in February 2019.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, 4-8 March 2019, Bangkok. This 5-day course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. This course targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers who are working in Private Sector Development programs. Many practitioners have benefited from this reputed course over the past seven years. For more information or to apply, see www.hposthumus.nl or email Hans Posthumus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Springfield Centre is offering a Making Markets Work Training Programme in Bangkok, Thailand, 18 to 30 November 2018. The programme focuses on how to make development more effective, achieving greater impact, inclusiveness, scale and sustainability.
- The Center for Global Development (CGD) and the Centre for Finance and Development at the Graduate Institute Geneva are teaming up to convene both new-industrial-policy thinkers and the blended-finance practitioners in a conference on Blended Development Finance and the New Industrial Policy in Geneva, Switzerland on November 8-9, 2018. The conference will mix cutting-edge academic sessions with high-level policy panels.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- Webinar: USAID is organising a webinar on Regulatory Barriers and Opportunities for Women’s Wage Employment, 10 October 2018, at 9:30am EDT/ 3:30pm CET.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
Training and Events on PSD in fragile and conflict-affected environments
- ITC ILO is organising a training course on PSD in fragile and conflict-affected environments, 3-7 December 2018 in Turin, Italy. Apply by 4 November 2018.
- The Center for Global Development (CGD) and the Centre for Finance and Development at the Graduate Institute Geneva are teaming up to convene both new-industrial-policy thinkers and the blended-finance practitioners in a conference on Blended Development Finance and the New Industrial Policy in Geneva, Switzerland on November 8-9, 2018. The conference will mix cutting-edge academic sessions with high-level policy panels. Registration required.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses