The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations.
The second part lists training courses and other events. Click on the table of contents to access relevant sub-sections. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- Palladium is looking for a Monitoring and Result Measurement specialist for the DFID funded Improving Market Systems for Agriculture in Rwanda (IMSAR) programme. Experience implementing the DCED Standard is an essential requirement. Apply by 22 July.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Online Training: Results Measurement using the DCED Standard, DevLearn, 5-30 August. Development programmes working in complex environments need to understand the context they work in, monitor changes, and adapt their work accordingly. This sounds simple but is challenging in practice. DevLearn’s online training course shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. The course is delivered entirely online, and can be flexibly combined with a normal working week. Click here for more information.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon, 19-23 August in the Netherlands. This 5-day course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. It targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers who are working in Private Sector Development programs. Click here to download the brochure.
- Adaptive Management and Results Measurement for Programme Managers, Hans Posthumus, 26-29 August, the Netherlands. The course targets team-leaders and senior managers implementing private sector development programmes who want to learn how to lead structured decision-making processes to deal with uncertainty: to manage interventions, to learn as a programme and to report to stakeholders. Click here to download the brochure.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Hans Posthumus and Aly Miehlbradt, 18-22 November, Thailand. This training workshop will bring together experienced results measurement practitioners to share lessons learned, solve common and emerging problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. Click here to download the brochure. There are a limited number of partial scholarships available.
Training and Events in PSD
- Online Training: Market systems development, DevLearn, 5-30 August. MSD programmes support people living in poverty to increase their income, gain employment, and purchase basic goods. The approach can achieve sustainable impact at scale, but faces many practical challenges. This online training course will introduce the core concepts of market systems development and provide practical tips to enable you to implement them in your context. The course can be combined with a normal working week, click here for more information.
- Beyond the Known: Practitioners’ Exchange to Discover New Ways to Promote Entrepreneurship and Support MSME Development. 15-16 October, Berlin. The organisers (BMZ, GIZ, EBRD, IFC, ILO and Swisscontact) will make more information available shortly.
- Making Markets Work, Springfield Centre, 17-29 November, Thailand. This training programme focuses on how to make development more effective, achieving greater impact, inclusiveness, scale and sustainability. It explores the strategic and practical implications for organisations as they adopt the market systems development approach. Click here for the brochure; the closing date for applications is 30 August.
- 1st Annual Conference of the Private Sector Development Research Network (IFC, CDC, IDB and research partners), Geneva 12-13 December 2019, is calling for Papers, deadline 1 September.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses