The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- SDC Kyrgyzstan is re-advertising for consultants to evaluate the 2nd phase of the BAI ALAI Small Business and Income Creation Programme. Apply by 17 September.
- SDC South Caucasus seeks an international consultant to conduct a feasibility study for the “Eco-friendly value chains for small-scale business development in rural Armenia 2022-2032” project. Apply by 17 September.
- ITAD seeks a Senior Inclusive Growth consultant; apply by 17 September.
- WWF seeks a Regional Advisor in Sustainable Natural Rubber for the Multi-Actor Partnership (MAP) project in Cambodia, Myanmar and Thailand. Apply by 19 September.
- MarketShare Associates seeks a Senior Specialist MSD. Apply by 19 September.
- Swisscontact Bangladesh is re-advertising for the Team Leader for the B SkillFUL project phase 2. The project will facilitate skills development interventions led by the private sector. Apply by 25 September (if you have not applied already).
- SDC Benin seeks a team of consultants to conduct the final evaluation of the Swiss contribution to the project « Centres d’Innovations Vertes pour le secteur agro-alimentaire au Bénin (ProCIVA) », champ 2 : Mise en œuvre des innovations par les Petites et Moyennes Entreprises (PME) au Bénin’’. Financial templates here and here. Apply (in French) by 5 October.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Practical Research Techniques for Intervention Management: Opportunities Unlimited offers online training 6-10 September 2021, in research for monitoring purposes, aligned with the DCED Standard. Click here to find out more and to sign up.
- Results Measurement for Adaptive Programming: DevLearn offers online training 4-29 October 2021 that shows you how to measure and use results, using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. Their online training is interactive, delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. Click here to find out more and to sign up.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for Private Sector Development: Hans Posthumus Consultancy and Miehlbradt Consulting Ltd. offer online courses, running 1 – 5 and the 15 – 19 November 2021, for practitioners with at least two years of practical experience applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. Click here to find out more and to sign up.
- E-training: The Inclusive Business Action Network (IBAN) has developed an e-learning course “Introduction to Inclusive Business” focusing on the definition and basic features of inclusive business (IB); IB target groups and how they are involved in the value chain; different IB approaches and the IB ecosystem. The course targets impact entrepreneurs and managers, policymakers, impact investors and the general public.
- E-training: FAO offers a free online training on developing gender-sensitive value chains, primarily targeted at development practitioners and policy makers working on the development of sustainable food systems.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: UN CC:e-Learn offers a self-paced 30-hour course in English on Green Industrial Policy: Promoting Competitiveness and Structural Transformation
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Marketlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- ValueLinks training courses