The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- The MasterCard Foundation is currently recruiting for various roles, including leads in strategy and learning, TVET, MSME, agriculture etc.
- The Evaluation Office of the International Labour Organisation is seeking expressions of interest from qualified consultants as evaluation team leader and evaluation team member to conduct an independent mid-term evaluation of the project Promoting Decent Work in Rwanda’s Informal Economy. Find out how to apply and read the evaluation’s Terms of Reference here. Applications close 24 October 2019.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Hans Posthumus and Aly Miehlbradt, 18-22 November, Thailand. This training workshop will bring together experienced results measurement practitioners to share lessons learned, solve common and emerging problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. Click here to download the brochure.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon, 16-20 March 2020, Thailand. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. The course will draw on the DCED Standard. Click here for more information.
- Online Training on the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, DevLearn, 2-27 March 2020. DevLearn’s online training course shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide. Online training is cost-effective, interactive, and entertainingly delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. Click here to find out more and sign up.
Training and Events in PSD
- Beyond the Known: Practitioners’ Exchange to Discover New Ways to Promote Entrepreneurship and Support MSME Development, BMZ, GIZ, EBRD, IFC, ILO and Swisscontact, 15-16 October 2019, Berlin. Click here for more information.
- ILO Entrepreneurship Weeks (IEW), International Labour Organisation, 11-20 November 2019, Turin. The IEW are a modular training programme developed to promote entrepreneurial growth and to strengthen the development of enterprise ecosystems worldwide. To learn more and apply, click here.
- Online Training on Market Systems Development, DevLearn, 2-27 March 2020. DevLearn’s online training course will introduce the core concepts of market systems development and provide simple, practical tips to enable you to implement them in your context. It is offered entirely online and can easily be combined alongside a normal working week. Click here to find more information and apply.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses