The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations.
The second part lists training courses and other events. Click on the table of contents to access relevant sub-sections. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
- SNV is recruiting for a Business Climate Advisor for a technical facility focused on ACP countries. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium. Apply by 1 March.
- The Market Development Facility (MDF) is seeking applications for an International Master Trainer in Fiji. MDF currently operates across five countries: Fiji, Timor-Leste, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea. Apply by 1 March.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise; more courses will be added as the DCED becomes aware of them. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion here.
- Online Training: Results Measurement using the DCED Standard. Development programmes working in complex environments need to understand the context they work in, monitor changes, and adapt their work accordingly. This sounds simple but is challenging in practice. DevLearn’s online training course shows you how to measure and use results using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement. This 4-week course is next offered in February 2019.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development, 4-8 March in Bangkok; and 19-23 August in the Netherlands. This 5-day course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. This course targets intervention and results measurement staff and managers who are working in Private Sector Development programs. For more information or to apply, see www.hposthumus.nl or email Hans Posthumus at email@example.com.
- Results Measurement for Programme Managers, 26-29 August, the Netherlands. The course targets team-leaders and senior managers implementing private sector development programs who want to learn more about how to make use of results measurement for strategic learning and decision-making as well as effective reporting. For more information or to apply, see www.hposthumus.nl or email Hans Posthumus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and Events in PSD
- International MSD and LED training, 3-7 June, Myanmar. This training from Mesopartner will provide a comprehensive introduction to Market Systems Development (MSD) and Local Economic Development (LED) approaches, drawing from both theory and many years of implementation experience.
- Annual Summer Academy of Mesopartner, 1-5 July, Germany. This training targets professionals who have already collected some experience in designing, implementing and facilitating economic development processes and building team capacity. It will help you to deepen your understanding of systemic economic change processes and enable you to better guide your organisation or project to shape that process.
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development.
- Training materials of a course developed by MEDA for USAID on ‘Integrating Gender and including Women in Value Chain Development’ are available on the MEDA website here.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
- The PAGE Introductory Learning Materials on Green Economy provide easily digestible knowledge on a number of green economy issues in PowerPoint and PDF format for trainers and resource persons involved in green economy learning activities, and anybody interested in learning more about the topic.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP Inclusive Markets calendar
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses