The first part of this page lists current job opportunities in private sector development – with DCED member agencies, their programmes, as well as other organisations. The second part lists training courses and other events. For training offers on private sector engagement and partnerships, please view our dedicated page here. For additional opportunities in market systems development, refer to the BEAM Exchange jobs notice board, and events/training page.
Jobs and other opportunities in PSD
Opportunities mentioning the DCED Standard
- ACDI/VOCA seeks a training consultant in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Bangladesh, for 12 working days in December, for the FTF RDC activity, to build staff capacity, review existing processes and share tools. Extensive experience in the DCED Standard is listed as a qualification. No deadline is given (posted 5 Sept. 19).
- The MasterCard Foundation is currently recruiting for multiple roles, including country representatives, specialists in youth engagement, MSME and agriculture, and Research and Evaluation.
- NIRAS Finland is looking for an International Team Leader/Chief Technical Advisor to manage the implementation of the Accelerated Growth in SMEs in Zambia programme. For more details and to apply, click here. Applications close 30 September.
Upcoming Training Courses and Events in PSD
Please note that these events are not organised by DCED, unless stated otherwise. Any provider of training in skills related to the DCED Standard is invited to write to the Secretariat with details, for possible inclusion.
- Advanced Training Workshop in Results Measurement for PSD, Hans Posthumus and Aly Miehlbradt, 18-22 November, Thailand. This training workshop will bring together experienced results measurement practitioners to share lessons learned, solve common and emerging problems, exchange practical approaches to address identified challenges and build a supportive network. Click here to download the brochure.
- Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development. Hans Posthumus and Phitcha Wanitphon, 16-20 March 2020, Thailand. This course offers a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects that practitioners need to set up a practical results measurement system for internal learning and communicating credible results. The course will draw on the DCED Standard. Click here for more information.
Training and Events in PSD
Training and Events on Women’s Economic Empowerment and Gender Issues
- E-training: USAID offers a free, basic online training called Gender 101 that introduces the major themes of gender in development. It is open to the public through the USAID Learning Lab.
- E-training: The World Bank offers a free introductory online training on gender equality and development and a separate free, self-paced course on Gender in Agriculture.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on the Economics of Climate-Resilient Development.
- E-training: The World Bank Group offers a free, self-paced course on Energy Sector Strategies to Support Green Growth.
Other relevant training offers and websites
- Training courses of the International Training Center of the ILO
- Short courses on agricultural development at Wageningen UR
- USAID Microlinks listing of training courses
- USAID Microlinks listing of events
- SEEP and member events
- International ValueLinks Association listing of training courses