The 15 most popular downloads of DCED publications on www.enterprise-development.org in 2021 are listed below (most popular first).
1. One-page Overview of Private Sector Development, DCED (2019)
Provides an overview of the generally-accepted categories within the field of Private Sector Development, with links to the relevant parts of the DCED website for further information. En français. En español.
2. The DCED Standard for Measuring Results in Private Sector Development, DCED (2017)
Covers the detailed Control Points and Compliance Criteria of the Standard – primarily intended for programmes that are using the Standard in their management processes. It also covers scoring and definitions. Introductory materials and guidance are better places to start, for those who are curious. En français. En español.
3. Synthesis Note on Industrial Policy, DCED (2021)
Defines Industrial Policy and outlines key debates, such as over which (if any) sectors Industrial Policy should target to achieve development aims. En français. En español.
4. Synthesis Note on Private Sector Engagement, DCED (2022)
Introduces PSE as a new way of operating to achieve the SDGs; also offers a summary of key issues for staff already implementing PSE strategies or working to professionalise their agencies’ PSE approach. En français. En español.
5. One-page summary of the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, DCED (2019)
Summarises what the Standard consists of, and what the benefits of using it are. En français. En español.
6. DCED Reader on Results Measurement, DCED (2018)
Provides a 25-page overview of what the Standard is, case studies on use of the Standard, and practical ways to get involved. En français. En español.
7. Business Development Services for Small Enterprises: Guiding Principles for Donor Intervention, DCED (2001)
Apparently a timeless classic, this sets out the early thinking that led to the approach of Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P); it was based on case material gleaned through a series of five conferences, organised by the Committee over two years. Controversial when it first came out. En français. En español.
8. Agency PSD Strategies. State of the Art, DCED (2018)
2-pager on trends and priorities in donor strategies. (En français. En español.)
9. Guidelines to the DCED Standard for Results Measurement: Articulating the Results Chain, DCED (2017)
Explains what results chains are, how to articulate them, and how to use them. It also explains the requirements of the DCED Standard in this area. (En français. En español.)
10. Guidelines to the DCED Standard for Results Measurement: Assessing systemic change, DCED (2021)
Explains the two control points in the DCED Standard on assessing systemic change, and gives advice on how to comply. (En français. En español.)
11. Public Private Dialogue (PPD) with the Use of New Technologies: A focus on feedback tools and their integration with data-driven policy reform, DCED (2021)
Reviews literature and case studies on potential technological methods to collect feedback on existing policies, as part of a broader data-driven public sector. (En français. En español.)
12. An Introduction to the Circular Economy for Donors, DCED (2021).
Introduces the topic of circular economy (CE) for private sector development practitioners, covering CE principles, policy and opportunities and challenges for encouraging CE in developing countries. (en français)
13. How to Integrate Gender and Women’s Economic Empowerment into Private Sector Development Programmes, DCED (2017).
Explains how to integrate gender into programme results measurement, in line with the DCED Standard for Results Measurement.
14. Synthesis Note on Women’s Economic Empowerment, DCED (2019)
Covers making the case, definitions, constraints and opportunities, and measuring impact on WEE, in 6 pages.
15. Guidelines to the DCED Standard for Results Measurement: Defining Indicators, DCED (2018)
Explains what indicators are, how to choose them, and gives examples; it also touches on qualitative and proxy indicators, how to use them, and links to other resources.