Objectives of the group
As a long-term goal, the Green Growth Working Group (GGWG) aims to mainstream green and inclusive growth strategies in private sector development, while advocating for the importance of private sector development when implementing green and inclusive growth strategies in other areas of development cooperation. The other main goals are:
- To allow participating members to use knowledge and guidance acquired through the Working Group in their agencies for mainstreaming inclusive green growth through advocacy, policy development and/or programme development.
- To advance knowledge-sharing on inclusive green growth in PSD through exploring and disseminating experience and lessons learned on new topics.
- Using Private Sector Development to achieve a Green Recovery in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic, DCED, 2020. This guidance paper considers how green growth approaches in PSD programmes can contribute to helping countries recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Gender-Responsive Green Growth Guidance Sheets: A series outlining the state of the art and current examples, all by Katherine Miles for DCED, 2019.
- Supporting Green Growth in Fragile and Conflict-affected Settings, Technopolis – DCED, 2019. This scoping study explores how inclusive and green growth can be supported in fragile and conflict-affected contexts.
- The search for synergy: Business Environment Reform and Green Growth – A practical guide for policy practitioners, DCED, 2017. View a presentation on the study here.
As per the GGWG Work Plan, members are:
- Knowledge sharing, including the organisation of webinars, such as the two featured below.
- Analysing the interface of private sector development and the circular economy.
- Developing an overview of different green growth approaches
DCED/GGKP Webinar: Climate Expert: Helping SMEs to develop strong climate adaptation strategies, September 2019.
DCED/GGKP Webinar on Making Gender-Responsive Green Growth Happen, December 2019.