The 2016 Annual Meeting was hosted by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) at their training centre, the Sida Partnerships Forum, in Härnösand.
You can view the final Minutes from the Annual Meeting here.
Location: Härnösand, Sweden
Date: Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 June 2016
Wednesday, 15 June: Thematic Day
The Thematic Day focused on Partnerships with the Private Sector for Sustainable Development. The agenda for the Thematic Day, prepared by Sida, can be viewed here.
It aimed to stimulate a dialogue between companies and donors on current practice and ways ahead. The agenda included speakers from Tetra Laval, Löfbergs, WWF, UNIDO and H&M, as well as Sida and DCED. In addition, the OECD shared insights and practical lessons emerging from their recent peer learning of donors’ experiences in partnerships with business.You can view the available presentations below:
- Peer Learning Reflection over Collaboration with the Private Sector in Development Cooperation, Rahul Malhotra, OECD.
- Partnerships developing value chains. Linking agriculture to nutrition, Katarina Eriksson, Tetra Laval
- What do Companies Need from Development Agencies in Order to Deliver on the SDGs? Eva Eriksson, Löfbergs Coffee Company Please click on the following links for additional information on Löfberg’s Coffee and Climate Toolbox and their International Coffee Partners
- Sida’s Take on Partnerships with the Private Sector: Modalities, Platforms and Trends, Lena Ingelstam, Director of Partnerships and Innovations/Assistant Director General, Sida
- One Planet Business. Creating Value within Planetary Limits, Mariann Eriksson, WWF
- UNIDO’s experiences working with the private sector. The Learning and Knowledge Development Facility, Virpi Stucki, UNIDO
Thursday, 16 June: Annual Meeting Business Day
The formal business day (16 June) included review of progress during the last year and agreement on the work plan and budget for FY 2016-2017. Member agencies also presented on priorities and trends in their organisation.
- Presentation of Progress and Plans of the DCED
- Business Environment Working Group presentation
- Green Growth Working Group presentation
Member agency updates (note that many members spoke without a presentation, but that you can find much more information about the PSD policies of individual agencies here):
- Austrian Development Agency (ADA)
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Global Affairs Canada: presented Canada’s International Assistance Review (IAR) and sought opinions from participants on this topic. You can read more about the review on Global Affairs Canada’s DCED member page.
- International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- MasterCard Foundation
- Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC): Social Impact Incentives (SIINC) model preview and summary.
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO)